Will you be using Layaway services this Holiday Season? You should know your options and what the store policy is regarding Layaway terms. Below you will find the store terms for both Walmart and Kmart.
- 9/16 – 12/14
- In Stores Only
- Down Payment: $10 or 10% whichever is greater
- Open Fee: $5 – refundable to a Wal-Mart gift car upon full payment
- Minimums: Total purchase must be over $50, Individual Item $15 or more
- Cancellation Fee: No information
- Cancellation Policy: Item will be returned to inventory, down payment & payments refunded, open fee is not refundable.
- No Service Fee
- Final Payment and Pick Up must be made at store of original layaway initiation or account will be canceled.
- Payments can be made at any register.
- Products: Toys, electronics, small appliances, jewelry & select sporting goods.
- Excludes wireless phones requiring contracts.
- 8 & 12 Week Contracts
- Layaway contracts are 8 weeks purchases of $300 or more have a 12 week option available in store only, not available at all locations
- In Stores Layaway & Online Layaway
- Down Payment: $15 or 10% whichever is greater for 8 week contract
- $30 or 10% whichever is greater for 12 week contract
- Fees: 8 week contract $5 service fee 12 week $10 service fee
- Cancellation: payments refunded minus the service and cancellation fees
- Cancellation fees: 8 week $10 12 week $20
- Payments: Payments can be made at any cash register and online.
- 8 week contracts have 4 easy bi-weekly payments and 12 week contracts have 6 bi-weekly payments.
- Late payments: 7 day grace period after payment due date before your contract is canceled.
- Products: Labeled and identified as “Available for
Does your family use Layaway Services?
Now that you have this information, which store will you be using?
#Christmas Season #Layaway Policies - Walmart vs. Kmart Which is Better? via Moms Bookshelf & More ---> ow.ly/dUmNr
— Miranda Sherman (@MirandaSman) September 22, 2012